Thank you for considering volunteering for Share! While the greatest need is for phone volunteers (called Phone Data Entry), there are a number of other volunteer opportunities ranging from Parking Lot Attendant to Prayer Warrior. Please check our online volunteer form for the current status of volunteer positions and be sure to click on the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page after completing the form. As in the past, all volunteers, upon checking in at WCRF the day of their assignment, are required to submit a signed Share 2014 volunteer agreement/photo release form.
Our Biggest Need: Phone Data Entry
Our biggest need is for phone data entry (PDE) volunteers April 8–11 between the hours
of 6 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. Join us for one or more morning,
midday, afternoon or evening shifts. Shifts vary in length and are described in detail on the online volunteer form.
Here is the PDE volunteer’s role:
PDE volunteers are seated at computers with telephones that connect to
headsets like those used by operators, receptionists or phone bank workers. As
listeners call into Share with financial commitments, PDE volunteers answer the
calls and type the information into the computer.
Part of the process is to attempt to match the caller with information that
is already in our database. An easy-to-follow script is on the computer screen along with
instructions to provide a straightforward process to gather information.
Suited for the Task?
Here are the qualifications:
- Comfortable talking on the phone while being courteous and polite and able
to speak with a clear voice
- Manual dexterity to work with a standard computer mouse and keyboard
- Able to type 20–30 words per minute accurately
- Able to talk to the caller and type data into the computer at the same
- Comfortable with software on Microsoft Windows computers (E-mailing and Web
browsing demonstrates sufficient computer experience)
- Hear well in a noisy environment
- Eyesight (corrected) that allows you to work at a computer screen
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Access to a computer to complete online training at PDE training must be viewed prior to your volunteer assignment
Other Share Volunteer Positions
While the greatest number of volunteers are needed as PDE volunteers, other needs include:
- Phone Data Entry Supervisor: assist, train and answer questions for a group of 3-5 PDEs (prior Share PDE experience at WCRF required)
- Greeter: welcome volunteers and guests arriving at Moody Radio Cleveland and direct them to the right location
- Host/Hostess: oversee the kitchen and food table for organization and cleanliness
- Parking Lot Attendant: an outdoor job directing guests to parking and dispatching shuttle bus
- On Site Prayer: praying in two-hour shifts for Share and requests provided by listeners
- Front Office Phone: answering Moody Radio Cleveland regular office lines and responding to calls not related to Share
Sign Up Now
Volunteers are needed from 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. April 8–11, 2014 (Tuesday–Friday). If you are interested in volunteering, please indicate the days, times and assignments which you are available for on our online volunteer form. Please direct any questions to Moody Radio Cleveland at (440) 526-1111. Thank you!
The updated online Phone Data Entry volunteer training for 2014 must be viewed prior to the day of assignment at least once. We encourage you to view it again just before arriving for your first shift. Those who sign up and are confirmed for the position of PDE Supervisor will be contacted about the additional required training session for that position conducted at WCRF the week before the start of Share.
9756 Barr Road
Cleveland, OH 44141